We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Weekend in San Diego,might do bike tour??Any adivce?

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Long Weekend in San Diego,might do bike tour??Any adivce?

Hi~

I have been reading this forum for a while in anticipation of the long weekend trip my husband and I are taking this weekend and I have so enjoyed getting to know your city through this forum and planning our little trip!

We are arriving on Saturday and leaving on Tuesday, so really only have two full days. We were thinking of doing the La Jolla Plunge bike tour on morning as we both love to be outdoors. Can anyone tell me their experience with this tour??

Thanks so much!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,143 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Weekend in San Diego,might do bike tour??Any adivce?

I don't know anyone who has done that tour but many people rent from Hike Bike . It i s a reputable company. You could also just rent the bikes from them and then ride where you like as well.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,143 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Weekend in San Diego,might do bike tour??Any adivce?

By the way ,there ar elots of other outdoorsy things you can do yourself. Also this weekend(Fri andSat) is a great FREE outdoor evening event inBalboa Park-Dec nights. All the museums are open and there is music,entertainment etc.!! A great event!!

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Weekend in San Diego,might do bike tour??Any adivce?

Mom, why don't you do another post on the Balboa Park Event

Florida
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Weekend in San Diego,might do bike tour??Any adivce?

Thanks riffsmom!

We land in the afternoon and I think we will head to Balboa Park as soon as we check in!! I am SO excited and should really be packing right now!!

Thanks again!

5. Re: Long Weekend in San Diego,might do bike tour??Any adivce?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 15, 2009