Hello fellow travelers,
My mother and I will be in San Diego in October (extended business trip) and would like to get a couple hotel recommendations. Coming from Michigan, I am unfamiliar with the layout of the city, but know that we will want to do a few of the following:
- San Diego Zoo (where would you recommend to get discounted tickets?)
- Gas Lamp Quarter
- La Jolla (also taking recommendations for 1 night stay, but maybe just a day trip)
- Old Town
We are looking for a hotel in the $120 to $160 range.
1. Walkable to restaurants
2. Beach side/Oceanside/Marina would be awesome, but not a must
3. Including breakfast would be ideal
4. Free or inexpensive parking
5. Does not have to be a chain hotel, would be interested in some gem B&Bs too
Any recommendations? You help is appreciated!