We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!!! NEED INPUT ASAP! Residence Inn on Hotel Circle or...

Folsom, CA
Level Contributor
34 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
HELP!!! NEED INPUT ASAP! Residence Inn on Hotel Circle or...

Which would be best for me & my 2 kids (7 & 4)? We'll be there for a wedding March 16-20 at Paradise Point and am torn where to stay. They're both the same price. Residence Inn (I think) is new on Hotel Circle, has free parking, hot breakfast, pool, continental breakfast, game room (I think) and Pacific Terrace looks really beautiful, has continental breakfast, pool and beach. Is it worth paying $180+ for a hotel on hotel circle? I could stay for the same price at Paradise Point but the reviews have been terrible. We're planning on taking the kids to Legoland and Seaworld and will have a car. Thank you so much for any input!

San Diego...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!!! NEED INPUT ASAP! Residence Inn on Hotel Circle or...

No!It is certainly not worth $180 fora hotel on hotel circle (all hotels on this row face the freeways (8, 805, 163)or the mall. You could stay onthe harbor overlooking the ocean, downtown for the same price. I live near Hotel circle, it is centrally located, but has NO resort feel. I have had great luck with www.hotwire.com.Their hotels area good price. You really should not have to pay more than $100 for hotels there

Good Luck, Janelle

San Diego...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!!! NEED INPUT ASAP! Residence Inn on Hotel Circle or...

No!It is certainly not worth $180 fora hotel on hotel circle (all hotels on this row face the freeways (8, 805, 163)or the mall. You could stay onthe harbor overlooking the ocean, downtown for the same price. I live near Hotel circle, it is centrally located, buthads NO resort feel.Ihave had great luck with www.hotwire.com.Their hotels area good price. You really should not have to pay more than$100 for most hotels there

Good Luck, Janelle

San Diego...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP!!! NEED INPUT ASAP! Residence Inn on Hotel Circle or...

No!It is certainly not worth $180 fora hotel on hotel circle (all hotels on this row face the freeways (8, 805, 163)or the mall. You could stay onthe harbor overlooking the ocean, downtown for the same price. I live near Hotel circle, it is centrally located, but has NO resort feel. I have had great luck with www.hotwire.com.Their hotels area good price. You really should not have to pay more than $100 for hotels there

Good Luck, Janelle

San Diego...
Level Contributor
585 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP!!! NEED INPUT ASAP! Residence Inn on Hotel Circle or...

If they are the same price then I would definitely go with the Pacific Terrace. It is right on the beach, and an attractive hotel. As far as location there is no comparison between the two.

It is true most of the hotels on hotel circle face the freeway, but the Residence Inn is definitely the newest and nicest property there. It actually is set back further away from the freeway than the others. Nevertheless it is still not the beach!

Either one is minutes from the Paradise Point.

You would be comfortable at either place, but the beach is without question the better location.

Folsom, CA
Level Contributor
34 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP!!! NEED INPUT ASAP! Residence Inn on Hotel Circle or...

Thank you Diego Dreamer for that input. BTW, have you personally heard or seen any of the rooms at Paradise Point? It looks real nice but the reviews have been terrible. I assume that the only bungalows that are really nice are the real expensive ones.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
585 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP!!! NEED INPUT ASAP! Residence Inn on Hotel Circle or...

No, I've never seen the rooms at the this hotel, but reviews on the Paradise Point are very curious. It seems that people either love it or hate it. It would be a pretty safe bet that if there is a problem with rooms it would be the cheaper ones.

I've been to a couple of functions at the Paradise, and in general the grounds and appearence of it are very nice. It is in a very good location. So I don't know what the story is. It is an older property that has gone through several changes in ownership in the last 15 years or so. It used to be called Vacation Village. It has been there at least 30 years or longer, so it is possible that there are rooms that need updating.

Both of the other places you were looking at are much newer properties.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
899 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP!!! NEED INPUT ASAP! Residence Inn on Hotel Circle or...

No brainer here.....go with Pacific Terrace. Hotel Circle is a jumbled, crowded mess of an area. Pacific Terrace is the opposite, and very nice.

Folsom, CA
Level Contributor
34 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP!!! NEED INPUT ASAP! Residence Inn on Hotel Circle or...

Thank you Diego Dreamer and Naven. I'm calling and booking our room today at the Pacific Terrace!

San Diego
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP!!! NEED INPUT ASAP! Residence Inn on Hotel Circle or...

I live in San Diego and Paridise Point is a beautiful resort. The grounds make you feel like you are more in Hawaii than San Diego. They are gorgeous! The rooms are not 4 or 5 star though. Some are, but most are simple and very family friendly. If you are coming to San Diego to enjoy a wedding without having to drive to it from your hotel and have walking distance to Sea World then go with Paridise Point.