We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

have you used long term airport parking??

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,046 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
have you used long term airport parking??

Hi guys,

Mr. Riff and I don't usually fly together but are planning a few trips this coming year soooo he cannot drive me to the airport and just leave me there.(since he's coming too)

Wondering if anyone has used the lot with shuttle to airport on Pacific Highway. Mainly interested in how easy it is to use the shuttle they provide to and from the actual airport??

Thanks

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,208 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: have you used long term airport parking??

We take Uber to the airport and cabs home which is very inexpensive because we live so close.

Prior to living here, I worked here for a few months and when Id fly home Id park in the SAN Park lot on Harbor near where the cellphone lot is, but they have several, I think the further away the less they cost.

Shuttle service was always fast I dont remember waiting more than 5 minutes to leave the lot. I think I did this 4 times in about 3 months.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,046 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: have you used long term airport parking??

Thanks Goodbeer,

My family uses Terramoto for getting to and from airport but Mr. Riff likes to drive himself so just comparing ease of doing this for him. I suppose I was wondering if these shuttles operate 24/7 as we have an early morning flight and if they come around quickly to all the terminals at the airport or if you have to call them?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,426 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: have you used long term airport parking??

When I was using Lindbergh Field more I used to valet park at the Sheraton and it was about the same as long term parking, I want to say around $8 a day, but I haven't used Lindbergh in about three years.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
621 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: have you used long term airport parking??

We have used this parking lot frequently in the past and it has been generally efficient and a good value at $11/day. However, I drive by there frequently and there appears to be a lot of construction going on. It's uncovered parking so your car will be dusty when you return. Construction could make it worse.

Lately I park at one of the commercial long term lots. If you go to the websites you can usually find a coupon for about $11/day. Good luck!

So.Cal
Level Contributor
340 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: have you used long term airport parking??

We usually use Aladdin Parking at the corner of Laurel and Kettner. Mostly indoor, very efficient operation, fast shuttle to the airport - less than 10 minutes away. I think the shuttles run 24 hours with no need to call, but check their website. Coming home, y ou do need to take the overpass across to the pickup area for all shuttles, but it's pretty easy with escalators and elevators.

Edited: 6:56 pm, June 09, 2014
San Diego...
Level Contributor
621 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: have you used long term airport parking??

I like Aladdin as well. Though its $14/day with a coupon from website. $12 if you park on the roof (uncovered). Also, elevator does not go to roof and you need to do a flight of stairs. Not a problem for me typically but if you have a lot of luggage......

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,426 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: have you used long term airport parking??

Here is a resource. It looks like the Sheraton is still cheap.

aboutairportparking.com/…

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,046 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: have you used long term airport parking??

Hi again,

scott, If you click through on your link it says the Sheraton is not accepting parking bookings on this site. On their own site they list self parking at $23 per night.

I'll have to call to see if they still have a park n fly rate.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: have you used long term airport parking??

I always use Aladdin, too. Always been happy with them.

10. Re: have you used long term airport parking??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 18, 2015