We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trattoria Ponte Vecchio Sunday Dinner Menu. Is it worth it?

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fullerton...
1 post
Save Topic
Trattoria Ponte Vecchio Sunday Dinner Menu. Is it worth it?

My family and I are planning a go-away party for someone who's moving away for dental school. I've heard of this place many times, and I've seen the reviews as well. It's sounds lovely.

What doesn't sound lovely is the extremely small Sunday Dinner. I'm just slightly in shock. They have this regular menu that they use, and most of it sounds absolutely mouth-drooling, but the only day everyone in our party can meet up for the get-together is a Sunday... and.... well... the Sunday dinner menu looks absolutely flimsy compared to the regular menu.

Is it still worth it to go to this Italian gem on a Sunday, where they serve only a tenth of their regular menu? Unless I've been mistakened, then please inform me. Please.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trattoria Ponte Vecchio Sunday Dinner Menu. Is it worth it?

Sorry, I don't know the restaurant. I will just say I see what you mean about the menu. What it indicates to me is that the regular chef is likely not there on Sunday's. So, the limited menu. Whether or not quality is sacraficed I suppose is anyone's guess.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
138 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trattoria Ponte Vecchio Sunday Dinner Menu. Is it worth it?

Is this the menu you are viewing - www.pontevecchiodelmar.com/Menus/sunday.html

If so, I see this as a positive sign. Everything is cooked to order - no microwave - not frozen. Menus that have multiple pages is a red flag in my book. How can any restaurant be able to serve a wide variety of fresh food and stay in business? They can't - unless it is frozen. And I can do that at home. I have been to a restaurant where they didn't have a menu on Sunday for lunch. You get what the meal they prepared - everyone does. It was great. I don't see prices on the Sunday dinner menu, but the other menus were reasonable. I'd say go for it.

3. Re: Trattoria Ponte Vecchio Sunday Dinner Menu. Is it worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 12, 2015