We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego trip 1 february- 05 febr

Bruges, Belgium
5 posts
Save Topic
San Diego trip 1 february- 05 febr

Hello all,

We're arriving late at SD the 31 january, so the holiday-work week begins 1 febr-5 febr :) (we're returning on the 8th)

It's the first time we're coming to SD, so can someone tell us what to see. We're mid 30ies, and will be renting a car. (sports-)Bars, beaches, sightseeing (no museums :) ), whatever.

I've already went through this forum, so Gaslamp district, Little Italy, pacific and ocean beach are already known ;)

Also, my friend likes Irisch pubs, so which Irisch pub we should really visit.

We also search some really local bars, pubs...to meet and see the real SD-people :)

Are there any special activities to see/do at that time. What kind of weather can we expect ? Will it be possible to swim ? :)

We're staying at the town Del Mar, no other possibilities.

Sports : is there any collegebasket(mens/women) going on that time ?

thanks for all the help.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: San Diego trip 1 february- 05 febr

That hotel is not in the village of Del Mar but south of it. A taxi from there to the Gaslamp is about $60 one way.

There's nothing too much in the way of nightlife near that hotel. Mostly fast food restaurants. A taxi to the Village of Del Mar is approx $15 one way.

Bruges, Belgium
5 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: San Diego trip 1 february- 05 febr

Thx for the info Darkbeer . As for the hotel...company pays...no complains ;). Just need to checkout if the hotel can book some tickets for the game.

san diego
Level Contributor
367 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: San Diego trip 1 february- 05 febr

For a taxi service I would suggest you look into Lyft. If you have a party of more than 3 or 4 I would look into Uber. They're both new internet-based services.

Our taxis are ridiculously expensive. I've used both services several times and have been pleased. Sometimes you have to be flexible about pick up times but that is also the case with regular taxis.

14. Re: San Diego trip 1 february- 05 febr

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 19, 2015
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now