We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi prices from airport to Sheraton

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi prices from airport to Sheraton

Hi

I have been through the forum to help me, but need a bit of expertise from you!

I am meeting up with friends at the Sheraton hotel & marina in Harbor Island Drive next month. I will be travelling alone & it will be getting dark, so I need to know the quickest, safest & easiest way to get from the airport to the hotel. If I get a taxi, do you know how much this will cost? Usually I would prefer to get the bus as its cheaper, but the time I am arriving (7pm) I'm not so keen on this. Otherwise, is there a direct bus from the airport to a stop near the hotel? My sense of direction isn't great, so the easiest the bus is the better.

I should add that I'm not staying at the hotel, so I can't hop on their airport transfer bus.

Thank you in advance

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,921 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi prices from airport to Sheraton

You can hop on their bus because no one ever asks if you are staying at the hotel when you get on.

I'd take their shuttle bus and go wait in the lobby for your friends.

I've actually walked from the airport to the hotel when I didn't want to wait for the shuttle bus. It is where I park when I fly out of Lindbergh Field.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,108 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi prices from airport to Sheraton

Agree!! Just get on the free shuttle and go to the hotel.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi prices from airport to Sheraton

Sheraton's website says the shuttle is every half hour. So if you don't see it and don't want to wait around a taxi will cost you about $5

http://tinyurl.com/ptfu6et

Myself, I wouldn't hesitate to walk if I didn't see the shuttle since it's almost across the street and it's well lit and 7:00 isn't late

http://goo.gl/maps/hrkas

Edited: 2:05 pm, January 09, 2014
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi prices from airport to Sheraton

Thank you very much for your help on this. I think its safe to say I will be getting the shuttle to save myself a few dollars. Thanks again!!

5. Re: Taxi prices from airport to Sheraton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 18, 2015