We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visit to San Diego in April

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
76 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
First time visit to San Diego in April

My pregnant wife and I are flying into LAX to visit SoCal April 9-19. We would like to spend 3-4 nights in San Diego. We will have a car. We definitely want to spend a day at the zoo. We'd also like to check out a beach or two even though I realize the weather won't exactly be warm.

Would love to have some help planning our trip and utilizing our time well.

1) We'd like a clean hotel in a good, safe area for <$150 before taxes. Good recs appreciated.

2) What are some must do activities? Anything from a meal at a food truck, a specific beach to visit, a comedy club show, a breakfast item at a restaurant, and everything in between. We love to do what the locals do.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
65,607 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First time visit to San Diego in April

La Quinta is a basic 3***ish motel chain.

The only 2 I know here in San Diego would be the one in Mission Valley and the one in our Old Town neighborhood. Of those 2 I'd stay in Old Town because it would be walking distance to restaurants/bars in the evening and also have good connection to lightrail if you wanted to go to Little Italy or downtown at night and didn't want to drive.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First time visit to San Diego in April

The only La Quinta that is central is the one Riff mentions in Old Town. The others aren't particularly central or scenic. At least in Old Town you can walk to restaurants or for drinks at night. Or hop on the trolley to Little Italy or Downtown.

13. Re: First time visit to San Diego in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 27, 2014