We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

USS Midway museum

London
Level Contributor
36 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
USS Midway museum

We are visiting San Diego as part of a road trip the weekend 14/15 December and want to see the USS Midway museum.

I see from the website you can buy a ticket in advance, but it does not seem to require you to specify a date? Is the ticket for any date and you just turn up when you want, any day?

Is there somewhere to park the car near the museum? How much does it cost?

We are staying for a few nights in the Historical/Heritage Park area. I get the impression I could get the trolly into the centre and walk out from there? But I also get the impression the public transport system is to be avoided if possible? any comments please?

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: USS Midway museum

If the line is long at the USS Midway you can buy them almost next door at the Visitor Center. I don't think I've ever seen a line there.

sandiego.org/plan-your-trip/visitor-informat…

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
25,512 posts
5,666 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: USS Midway museum

If you are visiting multiple attractions in San Diego, Midway is also included oni Go San Diego City Pss - if you have City pass you just show it and walk right on.

smartdestinations.com/san-diego-attractions-…

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,625 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: USS Midway museum

https://sales.midway.org/mainstore.asp?

Tickets are non-refundable and are valid for one year, starting on the day they are purchased. ****Printed coupons/discounts can only be applied to tickets purchased at our ticket booth.**** Admission fees support our work as a non-profit organization.

Edited: 8:12 pm, November 19, 2013
London
Level Contributor
36 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: USS Midway museum

Thank you all - We had a great time in San Diego in Dec. No trouble with the trolly bus, or tram as we call it, and the USS Midway was great - even my wife liked it!

Edited: 1:27 pm, January 09, 2014
San Diego...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: USS Midway museum

Buy you tickets in advance on Costcos website, you'll save a bundle. Trolley will drop you pretty close, we don't have the best public transportation, especially if your from NY, DC, Chicago, etc... But it's just slow, fine if your a tourist and not in a hurry. Parking can be a hassle in that area, especially now that there is constriction. It's a great area to spend the day in, go to sea port village too! Have fun!

16. Re: USS Midway museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 02, 2015