We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
A few questions

My husband will be working at El Centra and we are visiting at end of October. Looking at staying at San Diego.

Question 1 Easiest way to get from El Centra to SD without hiring a car?

Should I book hotel from UK or wait till I get to SD airport and see what I get?

There will be me & 2 children (6&8) best areas to stay & visit?

Thanks in advance

Beth x

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: A few questions

Hi Riff

I dont use the bus where I am either. I only use buses or tube when I go into London. So I understand completly.

Im on my phone app and cant see the pm thing. Will need to go on laptop in morning.

Thankyou all for your help. I know I was pretty rubbish at giving you info and explaining myself properly.

X

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: A few questions

The #28 Bus serves Shelter Island.

…sdmts.com/sdmtsapp/mtscr/TimeTable.aspx…

To get to Cabrillo Nat'l Monument.

…sdmts.com/sdmtsapp/mtscr/TimeTable.aspx…

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,881 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: A few questions

I'm a bit late with my contribution here, but after Googling San Diego - El Centro by bike, I wanted to say that it can be done. It would take a VERY LONG time (10-12 hours). As PPs have said, you cannot ride on the freeway, so it would be on highway 94/Campo Rd and Old Hwy 80. At some point it does merge with I-8, which is the freeway for a short time, before veering off on a secondary road again. If your husband decides to take this ride, make sure he carries a lot of water with him, especially in the desert part.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: A few questions

Note, to get to the Cabrillo National Monument using public transit, you can only go on weekdays, see the link above. I didn't see this link, which is a good guide from MTS about visiting popular tourist attractions in town using public transit.

sdmts.com/Marketing/…FunPlacesToGo.pdf

35. Re: A few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 25, 2014