We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach or downtown,weekend in Oct? Motorcycle ride?

Fort Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Beach or downtown,weekend in Oct? Motorcycle ride?

We're all booked for the 1st week of Oct, I'd like to rent a car for 2 days and drive up the coast to check out some beaches. As far as traffic and parking at the beach, would we be better off, doing the beach thur-fri and checking out downtown (no car) sat/sunday? Or the other way around? Also plan on renting a bike for a day any suggestion for great rides?

Thanks can't wait to visit San Diego!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,046 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach or downtown,weekend in Oct? Motorcycle ride?

I doubt if you will have any trouble parking at our beaches in October.

WHERE are you staying? There are a variety of places where you could ride a bike.

Edited: 11:25 am, August 30, 2013
Fort Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach or downtown,weekend in Oct? Motorcycle ride?

Westin San Diego, so beaches not crowded in Oct?

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,855 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach or downtown,weekend in Oct? Motorcycle ride?

For a motorcycle ride, I suggest a loop that would include 67 through Lakeside and Ramona to Julian and the Cuyamaca Mountains and back to San Diego via the old highway 8. A longer one might include the Sunrise Highway (S1) through Mt. Laguna. And if you have never been in the desert, Julian to 78 to S2 to I-8 would also be interesting.

4. Re: Beach or downtown,weekend in Oct? Motorcycle ride?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 02, 2014