We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels Near Seaport Village

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels Near Seaport Village

I'm going to a conference in San Diego in October and plan to go a few days early to do some sightseeing. I'm looking for the least expensive decent hotel I can find ($150 or less, preferably less) within walking distance of Seaport Village. I did a search for hotels near Seaport Village and came up with lots of results, but I don't know what's where without mapping it all out; I'm not at all familiar with the downtown San Diego area. Some of them appear to be not all that close. My definition of "close to Seaport Village" is within a half-mile walking distance. Suggestions will be most appreciated. Thanks.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,147 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotels Near Seaport Village

<<I like to shop. Isn't it a good place for that? If you have a better suggestion>>

No, I dont think so. Its full of touristy stores that probably do well when the cruise ships are in. I live within a short walk to Seaport Village but its been years since Ive been. If anything that whole area along the bay including SeaPort Village is a great spot to take a stroll and enjoy the weather and scenery, but I wouldnt go there looking to shop.

What kinds of things are you shopping for?

Edited: 8:25 pm, August 19, 2013
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotels Near Seaport Village

I would head to the combination of the Fashion Valley and Mission Valley Malls on the San Diego Trolley Green Line. (next to each other).

http://www.simon.com/mall/fashion-valley

http://www.westfield.com/missionvalley/

So staying in the Old Town or Little Italy areas are good, have you checked out the highly rated at TA Old Town Inn.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60750-d80255-R…

Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hotels Near Seaport Village

Things that will remind me of San Diego, nautical items, unique clothing, wall art, dog-related items, a little bit of everything..............

Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hotels Near Seaport Village

Things that will remind me of San Diego, nautical things, unique clothing, wall art, dog-related items, a little bit of everything..................

Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hotels Near Seaport Village

Thank you for the suggestions! I'll take a look at the two websites and the Old Town Inn.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hotels Near Seaport Village

Maybe some shopping in Old Town also...

www.oldtownsandiegoguide.com/shopping.html

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,622 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Hotels Near Seaport Village

I don't see why going to a mall in San Diego would be much different than going to a mall in anywhere else USA.

Seaport Village is not "touristy" in my opinion it has what I would call specialty shops that sell all kinds of interesting merchandise from jewelry to kites to everything else in between. It is more unique to San Diego than the Fashion Valley Mall.

We like walking there. I am not a serious shopper but it is in Seaport Village that I got my dragon kite which is part of my dragon collection. Old Town also may have more tourists than other parts of the city but you'll certainly find things there that you won't find in a typical mall in the rest of the USA.

18. Re: Hotels Near Seaport Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 21, 2014