We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels Near Seaport Village

Level Contributor
12 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels Near Seaport Village

I'm going to a conference in San Diego in October and plan to go a few days early to do some sightseeing. I'm looking for the least expensive decent hotel I can find ($150 or less, preferably less) within walking distance of Seaport Village. I did a search for hotels near Seaport Village and came up with lots of results, but I don't know what's where without mapping it all out; I'm not at all familiar with the downtown San Diego area. Some of them appear to be not all that close. My definition of "close to Seaport Village" is within a half-mile walking distance. Suggestions will be most appreciated. Thanks.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels Near Seaport Village

Ok, Seaport Village is at the south west corner of Downtown San Diego, and being in downtown, Hotels can be expensive.

One option is to use the San Diego Trolley Light Rail station, which has a stop on the Green Line very close to Seaport Village.

You might want to look at places on the Green Line, like Old Town and Little Italy for lower priced accommodations and then just take the trolley to Seaport Village.

www.sdcommute.com

Andalucia, Spain
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels Near Seaport Village

The closest hotels to Seaport village are Marriott Marquis, Manchester Grand Hyatt, and the Embassy Suites. From there, you can look at the map and figure out your budget vs. location.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
65,559 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels Near Seaport Village

I agree with MunFamilies list of close hotels.

Next closest hotels would be the Omni, and the Marriott Gaslamp and maybe the Hilton Gaslamp and the Hard Rock.

A bit farther away and probably lower priced would be the Wyndham Bayfront and the Best Western Bayfront.

I can easily walk along the bay from those locations to get to the convention center but you can also walk to the train station and take our lightrail electric train that we call the trolley to the stop right at the convention center. It will be $5 round trip +$2 on your first trip to buy the compass card where you load money for your tickets.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels Near Seaport Village

Most of the hotels that show up when you google from Seaport Village are in a very easy walking distance. The majority are within a 10 min walk. So I'd just pick one based on your budget. Probably the furthest would be 20 min walk.

Level Contributor
12 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels Near Seaport Village

Thanks to everybody for your helpful advice. I'm leaning toward the Best Western Plus Bayside Inn.

Mi Wuk Village...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels Near Seaport Village

Motel 6 or the Maryland.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels Near Seaport Village

The BW Plus Bayside is a good choice. It's on Ash St and just at the start of Little Italy. Lots of good restaurants & cafes just a couple of blocks away. Easy walk from Seaport Village. Either on Kettner or Pacific Hwy.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels Near Seaport Village

103 - The Maryland? I've never heard of it - Where's is it? I've tried looking it up and can't find it.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
56,827 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels Near Seaport Village

I would stay at La Pensione in Little Italy and Seaport Village is nothing to write home about. Was there something specific that attracted you to it?

Level Contributor
12 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels Near Seaport Village

Thanks for asking. I like to shop. Isn't it a good place for that? If you have a better suggestion, I'm definitely open to other options. I have other days for sightseeing, so I thought I'd at least spend the first one shopping.