We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in San Diego between 19-22.9.2013

Tel Aviv, Israel
2 posts
Save Topic
4 days in San Diego between 19-22.9.2013

Hello

My husband and I are attending to visit San Diego on the above mentioned dates.

We are 30 years old. It's our first time in San Diego and we would like to combined some lay back, visit the "must" site seeing in San Diego (like sea world),, going to the beach, good restaurant and maybe even some shooping..

Our budget is 250-370$ per night.

I know it's a lot to ask and to achieve in 4 days, that's why I need your help :-)

We would appreciate receiving suggestion to where to stay: beaches or downtown area (please take under consideration that after visiting San Diego we are flighing to Hawaii Honolulu, so we will have beaches there too..)

As well as what/ where we must visit in San Diego , which hotels are recommended, romantic spoots, surfing options, resturantes and shooping options with good prices (don't have to be outlets )

And if it is prefarable to be with a car if so, why..

Thank you in advances

Any help will be gratefully appreciated

Maya

New York
Level Contributor
950 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 4 days in San Diego between 19-22.9.2013

There is a condo complex in PB called Capri by the Sea if you want a rental instead of a hotel room...more space but less amenities

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 4 days in San Diego between 19-22.9.2013

Will Capri rent for 3 or 4 nights?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: 4 days in San Diego between 19-22.9.2013

Hi Maya,

Another option is to stay in Bird Rock, La Jolla if you prefer an area that is less busy, but still very close to the nightlife, walking distance to restaurants, and boutiques such as Capricorn Boutique. Sands of La Jolla is in Bird Rock and they have great rates.Bird Rock is Central to Pacific Beach & La Jolla Village. Mission Beach starts at Pacific Beach Drive/Catamaran. You can rent bikes and be able to relax a cruise around without having to worry about a car and parking. Bird Rock, La Jolla to South Mission Beach Jetty is about a 4 mile bike ride on the boardwalk and takes about 20 Minutes each way at a steady pace.

Another option is staying in the Windansea area in La Jolla. There is the Travel Lodge & Holiday Inn that are all walking distance to the beach and a short bike to The Village where all the shopping & restaurants are. Good places to go for the scene are Prospect Bar, George's at the Cove (Bar Level), Whisknladle, Nine Ten at the Grand Colonial. A lot of locals also go to the Public House.

As for Surfing, there are plenty of places to surf. It just depends on your level. Tourmaline in Pacific Beach for Longboarding. I suggest avoiding surfing at Windansea. You are more than welcome to e-mail me about other places.

mayc818@gmail.com

Happy Travels!

14. Re: 4 days in San Diego between 19-22.9.2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 19, 2014