We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Dana Inn and Marina Reviews?

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Dana Inn and Marina Reviews?

Hi there we will be going to San Diego in April and have booked a package of attractions with The Dana Inn and Marina. Anyone have any info on this hotel...the website looks nice but just wanted to make sure.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
585 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Dana Inn and Marina Reviews?

The Dana is a nice place, excellent location. You do need to know that there is a brand new section which just opened a couple of months ago, and an older section that is about 30 years old. The website only shows the newer section. I recently called the hotel and I was assured that all the rooms in the older section were completely remodeled within the last year. The older section is fine, basically standard two story motel construction, just not as nice as the newer. You might try to find out if you room is in the older or newer section, just so you're not suprised when you get here. Otherwise it's an excellent location for visiting San Diego.

Pasadena, CA
Level Contributor
853 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: The Dana Inn and Marina Reviews?

We stayed at the Dana Inn last October, but booked the newer section, about $250 a night. It was worth it! The rooms are very nice and all have views of the bay. It's close to Sea World and they offer free shuttle to Sea World. The Dana Inn was recommended by my brother who did stay at the older section and really enjoyed it! We decided to treat ourselves and book the newer section and glad we did! The hotel is very nice and the staff friendly and accomodating!

Tucson
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The Dana Inn and Marina Reviews?

Thanks. I booked through my local travel agent with Sea world and Legoland tickets. I don't really have any control over which room I book by doing it this way. The agent said that they will give us the best room they have available at check in and we should try to check in early. I'm glad to hear the older rooms have been updated a bit though just incase we get one of those. I read some of the reviews on here that were less than acceptable. Thanks again so much. If you all have any other suggestions on what to do while we're there that would be appreciated. There will be one day that we don't have anything planned yet.