We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A week in San Diego with pre-teens!

Norwalk
Level Contributor
85 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
A week in San Diego with pre-teens!

Hi

since we have thoroughly done Disney, Universal & Sea World in Orlando - - we are not planning any of these activities in Southern California.

I do have a few questions:

- the more I research - the more I am gravitated to biking, kayaking, snorkeling and boogie/body boarding (whatever you want to call it!)

any thoughts / tips on these type of activities in Southern California.

I am staying at the Residence Inn - hotel circle - seems centrally located, accommodates all 5 of us and has a little kitchenette . . . .

thanks for any guidance

Norwalk
Level Contributor
85 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: A week in San Diego with pre-teens!

thanks -

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,881 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: A week in San Diego with pre-teens!

Snorkeling has been mentioned, and although it is not the coral reef experience, in August your kids would get a kick out of swimming with the sharks less than 20 yards from the beach at La Jolla Shores. As scotca075 mentioned, they are leopard sharks. Completely harmless bottom feeders, but a lot of fun to watch. LJ Shores is also great for boogie boarding, and if your kids are interested, they can also learn to surf from Surf Diva.

13. Re: A week in San Diego with pre-teens!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 04, 2014