We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

handlery hotel

Level Contributor
289 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
handlery hotel

does anyone have a review on this hotel looking for end of aug for a few days how about ramanda gaslamp also thanks

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: handlery hotel

I'd take the Ramada Gaslamp over this hotel. I was at the Handlery for a conference last fall, and it's nothing special, pretty old and dated, and located in Mission Valley, which is basically hotels on each side of Interstate 8 in an area known as Hotel Circle. Okay if you have a car, relatively centrally located, but not nearly as nice an area as the Gaslamp, and pretty congested traffic-wise.

Contrast with the Gaslamp district, close to lots of activities, centrally located near the bay and zoo/Balboa Park, easy access to public transportation ( light rail trolley and buses, ferry to Coronado) and you can walk to many restaurants and shops. It's a personal choice, but for me, I'd take the Gaslamp any day.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,668 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: handlery hotel

I agree with Chissis about the location of the hotels. If you would like to read many reviews yourself put the name of the hotel you are wondering about in the search box on the left . You can do this for any hotel in any city.

3. Re: handlery hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, August 14, 2009