We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coolest Restaurants and Bars in San Diego --Thrillist.com

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Coolest Restaurants and Bars in San Diego --Thrillist.com

Greetings:

Came across the following link/article which is actually not a bad reference point for visitors and residents alike throughout the San Diego area....not every place on here is a gem, but there are a bunch of good ones, including some new places I did not know even existed....I had a chance to check out Supernatural Sandwiches in Barrio Logan yesterday and must say the seafood sandwich I had was outstanding.

thrillist.com/eat/…

Special Offer
Skip the Line: USS Midway Museum
388 reviews
from $18.00*
$23.00
San Diego Zoo
160 reviews
from $54.00*
San Diego Harbor Dinner Cruise
99 reviews
from $89.82*
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coolest Restaurants and Bars in San Diego --Thrillist.com

THANKS for posting this !

There are some new ones for me too. I'm going to be walking downtown on Tuesday after my hair appt and it's going to be Happy Hour. I'm going to pop into 2 or 3 of the ones I've never been to before.

I got excited when you mentioned Superntural Sandwich because I pass thru Barrio Logan once a week. Until I went to their website. I was there on a Wed and saw them. I have some seafood allergies and when I looked at their stand I was worried about cross contamination.

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coolest Restaurants and Bars in San Diego --Thrillist.com

Supernatural Sandwich does list allergens on their website.

I also loved the building they share on Wednesdays and Thursdays (next to Cafe Virtuoso)...it is a private venue that is often rented out for special events and holds sushi rolling lessons during the week...very cute looking facility with nice sushi bar, comfortable chairs, and TV's.

http://www.sushionarollclasses.com/

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coolest Restaurants and Bars in San Diego --Thrillist.com

Oh thanks! I'm going to go back to their website and check that out.

I worked briefly in that brick bldg where Cafe Virtuoso & Sushi on a Roll is. It was before both of them opened. One of my neighbors had a connection to the owner of the bldg and new about Sushi on a Roll. My condo bldg does Happy Hours once a month and we did one there at SOAR. This was about, jeez, 7 yrs ago I think. It was fun. Actually, now that I think about it the owner of SOAR lived in our bldg at time as well. He provided free sushi to one of our in-house HH's first and then we went to his place for the paid event.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,567 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coolest Restaurants and Bars in San Diego --Thrillist.com

Hmmm, they sure love Brian Malarkey a lot.... but still a pretty good, fair list.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,567 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coolest Restaurants and Bars in San Diego --Thrillist.com

I actually find myself more aligned with the Eater San Diego Essential 38, but maybe it is because they are a bit more established.

…eater.com/archives/2013/01/08/the-38-essent…

6. Re: Coolest Restaurants and Bars in San Diego --Thrillist.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 24, 2014