We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comfortable, gay friendly, boutique-y accomodations

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
3 posts
Save Topic
Comfortable, gay friendly, boutique-y accomodations

Looking for a hip but comfortable, gay-friendly place to stay for a week while in San Diego. W? Wyndham? Omni? 500 West? Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comfortable, gay friendly, boutique-y accomodations

Hi, Hillcrest is the gay community in San Diego, lots and lots of bars and restaurants that cater to the gay and gay friendly. These are just a few hotels. I've only been to Park Manor, they have a club called Top of the Park. It only operates on friday nights. but the Hotel is very cute and the club is full of hip young men! Hope this helps. Also if you do a search on Hillcrest San Diego, you should find plenty of info.

Carmen

Hillcrest House Bed & Breakfast

3845 Front Street, San Diego 92103

(619) 990-2441

Lafayette Hotel & Suites

2223 El Cajon Boulevard, San Diego 92104

(619) 296-2101

Park Manor Suites

525 Spruce Street, San Diego 92103

(619) 296-0057

http://www.parkmanorsuites.com/home.html

Sommerset Suites Hotel

606 Washington Street (in the Heart of Hillcrest)

(619) 692-5200

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comfortable, gay friendly, boutique-y accomodations

Um, HELLO!

I guess I read this whole question just differently. Hillcrest is the prime gay business area and also an important gay residential area. However, there are many other areas that are popular.

Based on the hotels cited in your original question -- it seems like you enjoy a nice upscale 'brand' hotel. All would be fine except I would probably exclude the 500 West. It is in an old structure, very nicely rehabilitated but with some odd features such as some shared bathrooms.

I would probably wave off Lafayette Suites -- a bit old and dated, needs upgrading (coming soon) and off the beaten path in terms of central Hillcrest; Park Manor -- as I previously warned I believe that remodeling is underway (ask a lot of questions) and Sommerset Suites (decent location but on a busy street and adjacent to Mercy / University Hospital complex). Hillcrest B&B is supposedly nice -- particularly if you like B&Bs. Nice residential area only a handful of blocks from the center of Hillcrest.

3. Re: Comfortable, gay friendly, boutique-y accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, August 14, 2009