We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place with teenagers

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
262 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Best place with teenagers

Hi looking for a resort in San Diego that will keep my two teenagers happy. They like to sail, stand up paddle board, kayak, body surf, beech frizbee, etc. They like to be independent and don't like waiting around whilst we have an afternoon nap. Would Paradise Point Resort be suitable or do you have other suggestions? They do not drive. Looking at end July or early Aug.

Edited: 6:49 pm, January 05, 2013
Mission Bay Aquatic Center
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing
Mission Bay Sportcenter
Waterskiing & Jetskiing, Water Sports, Boat Rentals, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing
Bike and Kayak - La Jolla
Scuba & Snorkeling, Bike Tours, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,198 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place with teenagers

Paradise Point would. Most of the hotels on Mission Bay are not walking distance to anything other than the Bay. So if you don't mind driving to restaurants it's fine.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place with teenagers

I would say the Paradise Pier as a Resort would be my first choice.

But if you are looking for more of a nice Hotel with some activities, I would look at the Catamaran and Bahia Hotels. They are less isolated.

Belmont Park and the Giant Dipper Roller Coaster is just blocks away from the Bahia. And the Catamaran, while on the Bay, is just blocks away from the Pacific Ocean (same with the Bahia). But there are plenty of shops, restaurants, etc. within easy walking distance at the Catamaran as compared to the Bahia.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
18,091 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place with teenagers

The kids might enjoy the Wavehouse which is near the rollercoaster. Two waves, one for beginners, the bigger one for more advanced.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place with teenagers

i wouldn't pick paradise point. you have to drive to get to anywhere so your kids wouldn't have the independance. i would consider the catamran, bahia or would seriously consider capri by the sea - they have 2 and 3 bedroom units. you'd have the kitchen which helps with costs and there are lots of restaurants and activities to do in the area.

5. Re: Best place with teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 08, 2014