We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pictures-New Years Day at Potato Chip Rock and Mt Woodson

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,415 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Pictures-New Years Day at Potato Chip Rock and Mt Woodson

Did a great first hike of the year from the fire station outside Ramona to the top of Mt Woodson and Potato Chip Rock. The sweeping views of San Diego from downtown and Point Loma all the way up the coast as far as you can see are amazing. The snowcapped mountains were visable looking inland.

Seeing as it was a holiday, there were quite a few people up there waiting to get a picture on the rock.Everyone helped each other out by taking photos.

Here's the pics.

https:/…

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pictures-New Years Day at Potato Chip Rock and Mt Woodson

Nice day for a hike and great pictures. I love Mt. Woodson. It's my go-to if I want to do a nice short hike.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,415 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pictures-New Years Day at Potato Chip Rock and Mt Woodson

I was standing next to this guy when he filmed this.He was saying he would post it on you tube. He had a camera set up on a tripod and it took pictures about every 15 seconds. He was there quite a while.Turned out nice.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHZlrghdyq8

Santa Ana, CA
Level Contributor
3,205 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pictures-New Years Day at Potato Chip Rock and Mt Woodson

Thanks, Dez, for the great photos! I didn't see you in the video. How far is the drop below that potato chip?

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,415 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pictures-New Years Day at Potato Chip Rock and Mt Woodson

The guy filming showed up after I had been up there. One or two people in my pics are in the video too.

If you fell off of the end,I guess you would fall about 30 feet? into the bushes.

One of those little dogs was a freaked out being up there!

Edited: 5:16 pm, January 02, 2013
Santa Ana, CA
Level Contributor
3,205 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pictures-New Years Day at Potato Chip Rock and Mt Woodson

Great new photo for yourself, too. Way to go!

6. Re: Pictures-New Years Day at Potato Chip Rock and Mt Woodson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, January 06, 2014