We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike Ride Around Mission Bay

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
18,762 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Bike Ride Around Mission Bay

Weather was so nice today, I had to do another ride around the bay. Started at Crown Point,rode around the bike trail to the park at the entrance to Mission Bay, then headed to the beach boardwalk to the Wavehouse for a beer or two. Crossed the road to see the seals at the Bahia, crossed the bridge to the Dana and ate at the market. Great sandwich as always, fun to watch the people try to launch and retreive boats, which is always a circus!

Hit the back entrance to Seaworld from the Dana market,and finally ended up back at Crown Point at the truck.

If anyone is visiting from out of town, there were groups on rented Segways which looked cool to ride, and bike rentals are available near the coaster in MB.

Pictures.

https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Mission Bay Park
Mission Bay Park
504 Reviews
San Diego, CA
SeaWorld
SeaWorld
9,000 Reviews
San Diego, CA
La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike Ride Around Mission Bay

Very nice pictures! It was perfect weather for a ride today. I noticed that the PB&J (on white bread, no less) at the Market costs the same as the other "extreme sandwiches." That better be the best PB&J this world has ever seen.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,762 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike Ride Around Mission Bay

You have a good eye Elle, I didn't even notice that. Maybe its peanut butter they fly in from someplace! Or imported jelly. I liked what I had, and the best part was the entertainment on the launch ramp.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
2,804 posts
571 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bike Ride Around Mission Bay

Enjoyed your photos. I hope that there are some sunny days when my husband & I are in the Mission Beach area in February. Bikes are included in our condo rental. But, I don't think I can stop for a beer or two & still ride a bike.I might do an Arite Johnson (Laugh-In) LOL!

Mentioned in this post
The Mission
The Mission
333 Reviews
San Diego, CA
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,216 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bike Ride Around Mission Bay

Yum - that sandwich looks really good!

Sounds like a great day!

Casey
Level Contributor
49 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bike Ride Around Mission Bay

So if one was staying at the Dana, you could get to Mission Beach by walking or biking, is that right?

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,762 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bike Ride Around Mission Bay

Thats right. Its not very far at all to get to the rollercoaster or boardwalk. Just need to go over a bridge.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bike Ride Around Mission Bay

Great pictures! It's no wonder why I live in PB. MB Park has a lot to offer...miles of bike/walk trails!

8. Re: Bike Ride Around Mission Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 19, 2013