We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car parking in Gaslamp Quarter

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Car parking in Gaslamp Quarter

Looking at spending three days in San Diego for our first time and had decided to stay central in the Gaslamp Quarter in The US Grant but was concerned about car parking costs are the alternative. Thank you.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car parking in Gaslamp Quarter

There are many lots but you won't have "in and out" privileges. So you pay each time you park.

I don't know what days of the week you'll be here but on Sunday parking is free at all the meters. Also, after 6:00pm parking is free at the meters until 8:00 the next morning. Just read any signs there are because I have seen certain sections of streets downtown where overnight parking isn't allowed. In the majority of spaces it is but there are some exceptions.

http://sandiego.bestparking.com/

http://www.visitsandiego.com/maps/parking.cfm

Edited: 7:49 pm, October 10, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car parking in Gaslamp Quarter

Thank you for your quick reply the web site will be useful to me as I will be in USA for the entire month of November.

Having difficulty in choosing a hotel and your assistance would be greatly appreciated will be there on the 25th to 28 October.

Bay Club Hotel Marina, Omni San Diego Hotel, and The US Grant.

My decision will be made from reading trip advisor reviews your advice would be valuable to me and save me a lot of time.

Thank you for your time.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car parking in Gaslamp Quarter

Hi ben - those are three very different hotels. The Bay Club is on Shelter Island. Nice location on the marina and SI has fantastic views of San Diego and Coronado. But if you are interested in nightlife you won't have any there. Most of the nightlife is Downtown.

The Omni is a very large and nice downtown hotel with a baseball theme. It has a walkway that goes to PetCo park.

The US Grant is an elegant, ornate hotel. Very beautiful. Both the Omni & Grant are surrounded by restaurants, bars, cafes, etc.

Have you read reviews on TA and yelp.com.? I would to see what people who have stayed in these hotels have to say. Like I said they are three very different types of hotels.

I'd also see what amenities they have that you'd like. I know that the Grant does not have free wifi - only in the lobby. I don't know about the other 2.

Edited: 8:33 pm, October 10, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Car parking in Gaslamp Quarter

Thank you for your advice I will be booking The US grant. Our next stop will be Los Angeles for two nights would you be able to recommend a hotel my budget would be US$200 per night.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car parking in Gaslamp Quarter

No, sorry, not for LA. However, there are some people that frequent this forum that might be able to help.

I suggest you go to the LA forum and I'm sure you'll get help there.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g32655-i61-Los_Ang…

6. Re: Car parking in Gaslamp Quarter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, December 15, 2013