We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Dine in San Diego

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to Dine in San Diego

www.gregsguide.net is the most comprehensive restaurant guide of San Diego. It has information on pretty every restaurant and they have great top ten lists.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Dine in San Diego

Good way to plug your own site Greg!

San Diego...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Dine in San Diego

I tried Gregsguide.net and it is very informative. I like the way they use the Google maps in listing every restaurant, even the small ones that you normally never see on an online restaurant guide.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Dine in San Diego

I just came back from San Diego (my first trip there) and we tried a really yummy Brazillian restaurant called Rei Do Gado. It's a little expensive ($40/pp) and you have to go on an empty stomache. It's mostly meats but they do have a salad bar with lots of fruits. It's a little crowded and we waited over 30 minutes for a table but it was definitely worth the wait.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
721 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Dine in San Diego

Let's keep this one at the top! Great site and so helpful for tourists--THANKS!!

San Diego...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Dine in San Diego

This is pretty cool. I was playing with their site and found this. You must log in to access it (why I don't know), but then playing with the advanced search I put in my address and it listed every restaurant with distance results starting with what was closest.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to Dine in San Diego

Hey Greg or Padfan...whoever you are...great way to promote your own web-site! How much do restaurants pay you???

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to Dine in San Diego

Great website, Greg - didn't see Chicken Pie Shop listed for seniors - my parents favorite when they visit, and great price. Wonderful reference, think I'll use it to try out a couple new ones