We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which amusment park is best?

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
297 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which amusment park is best?

Background First: We are staying in a Solana Beach Rental, the first week in April. I have two daughters 12 and 15, as well as wife (mid 40's) We have been to DisneyWorld, Cedar Point and Michigan's Adventure. Kid's would like to go to a park.

Which one is better? I know I could get some responses in the LA site but would like to get the SD'ers opinion as the drive is thought to be a concern as well. but we do want to get to LA one day, so we can say we did it.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
899 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which amusment park is best?

For their age.......no question, Magic Mountain. The BEST rides, hands down. The downside is that it's in Valencia in NORTH Los Angeles County. Worth the drive though!!

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
64 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which amusment park is best?

Agreed! Magic Mountain is it! (As long as they love thrill rides)

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which amusment park is best?

I have done them all(in Cali),but I still like Universal Studios....

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which amusment park is best?

I'll go with the standard - Disneyland. Still my favorite of all of them.

kingman
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which amusment park is best?

I have done disneyland magic mountain ,universal studios and knotts berry farm .I have been back to them all .as a child and an adult .now i have children as well and not only do i still have great memories of them all the one that I loved the best was Knotts Berry Farm and my children feel the same way .We can never get enough of Knotts berry farm lol .we will be going back this summer again .I hope this has been helpful and what ever you decide i am sure you will love which ever one you choose

san diego, ca
Level Contributor
107 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which amusment park is best?

Magic Mountain is great, but such a long, long drive. Disneyland and California Adventure would be my vote. California Adventure has some fun rides for kids that age.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which amusment park is best?

If your teens like thrill rides, there is no match for Magic Mountain! If they like to ride Dumbo rides, then Disney is the choice. Magic Mountain is only about another hour north of Disney...go for it!

Medina, WA
Level Contributor
400 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which amusment park is best?

Not from San Diego, but have been to Universal Studios and I think it would be a good choice given the ages of your children. The nice thing about Universal Studios is that it's not only rides but shows/attractions and is an overall fun place for teens and adults. They have a pretty cool website that fully explains exactly what is in the park so you can get a better idea of what to expect. Good luck!

San Diego
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Which amusment park is best?

Magic Mountain mainly has thrill rides and rollercoasters, some that hold world records. Disneyland is a classic of course, and you should at least try that out once. Those are my two favorite in California.