We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas in San Diego

Dublin, Ireland
7 posts
Save Topic
Xmas in San Diego

My husband and I are visiting San Diego over Xmas, What is the weather like then, we are staying in the Mission Bay area. We are both 60.

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xmas in San Diego

weather.com/weather/…USCA0982

Converting the averages to celsius, the avgerages work out to about 19c for the high, 9.5c for the low in December.

The link I referenced above will also allow you to see what the all-time highs and lows have been.

It does rain in December but Jan., Feb., March usually have more rainfall.

Edited: 12:36 pm, July 12, 2011
Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xmas in San Diego

Oops, I just realized that there is a box in the top, right-hand corner of the link I referenced that will change everything to celsius and metrics. My bad.

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
6,307 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xmas in San Diego

Weather can be iffy, I certainly would not plan on lying at the beach in 80 degree weather (though a Santa Ana condition is possible, but not likely)...it also could be possible for some rain. I would expect low-mid 60's and plan on bringing a jacket for early morning or late evening....I like to tell everyone San Diego has the warmest and coldest 60 degrees F I have ever felt.

Goldfield, Nevada
Level Contributor
11,068 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xmas in San Diego

That is so true... 60 degrees on a sunny winter day in my backyard is pleasant, and even warm if the sun reflects off the house. But 60 degrees on a summer night at the bay with a breeze can seem surprisingly cold.

5. Re: Xmas in San Diego

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 05, 2012