We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go San diego card

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Go San diego card

Has anyone used this? Is it worth it for a 2-3 day stay? Any info would be appreciated.

Hide
Travelers interested in this topic also viewed...
Jefferson City...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Go San diego card

I have the same question. I hope someone responds.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Go San diego card

I did go to San Diego and did purchase the card (for 1 day) from the tourist bureau there. We got our money's worth.

Although we were in the city for 3 days, we decided that without a car some of the items that were especially appealing to us eg the wine tasting were not really possible. Others required reservations and we were hesitant on banking on getting them.

there are several other cards and combos available from the tourist information center. I would advise waiting until you get to San Diego to decide which card/package would be best for you. In the meantime do your research. If I can help, e-mail again.

Jefferson City...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Go San diego card

I'll be traveling with a 14 year old boy and 5 year old girl. We don't travel much. Right now we don't have plans to rent a car...but that could change. We'll be arriving around noon on March 25th and leaving around noon on March 29th. We'll be staying at Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego which is located at One Market Place, San Diego. I'm afraid we'll run out of time to get our money's worth from the card.

Round Rock, TX
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Go San diego card

We purchased a 5-day Go card for our week-long visit in January. By looking at the list of attractions that were covered by the card, we knew we'd get our money's worth. And we did, and then some!

My suggestion would be to see what's included with the card (remembering that the card will also provide discounts on meals at certain restaurants) - if you plan on visiting many of the attractions, then you'll probably save money. Figure out how much the admissions would be, and compare against the cost of the card.

If you're iffy about what you're going to see and do, I'd probably suggest not purchasing any cards - you'd have more flexibility that way and you wouldn't be out any money.