We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Holiday Inn/Express for the beach

Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Best Holiday Inn/Express for the beach

We will be visiting SD area in April and want to do Legoland, SeaWorld, maybe the Zoo and get some easy beach time. I have an 8 and 12 year-old. We have a lot of points for IHG hotels. Which Holiday Inn or Express would give us the best beach access while not being to far away from the other attractions?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
67,279 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Holiday Inn/Express for the beach

There is no Holiday Inn really at a beach so you'd have to drive about 15-20min. from all of them. I suppose the exception might be the Holiday Inn Express/La Jolla . You will be able to get to beaches withing about 5-10min. but it is further from the freeway that takes you north to Legoland or south to the zoo so I guess you'll have to decide which is most important to you.

My favorite property in this group is the Holiday Inn Express/Old Town which has a nice Spanish flavor and is easy off/on the freeway. It is a central location with restaurants and little shops in walking distance.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,400 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Holiday Inn/Express for the beach

I, also, would recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Old Town. It is built around a nicely landscaped courtyard where there is a pool.

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Holiday Inn/Express for the beach

You may want to take a look at the Holiday Express in Solana Beach/Del Mar. The beach is only a short block away. It's about 20 miles from the SeaWorld and the zoo, but you are a little closer to Legoland (14 miles).

4. Re: Best Holiday Inn/Express for the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, October 27, 2012