We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego in November

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
San Diego in November

Hello. I am planning a trip to San Diego in November. Does anyone know what the weather is like? Also, any good Asian restaurant suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

LD
San diego, CA
4 posts
1. Re: San Diego in November

Weather isn't bad. Sometimes you need a light sweater or jacket, but sometimes it can be unseasonably warm. It sort of depends on your tolerance- Most people can wear jeans/pants in November, some people still wear shorts and surf. Lots of restaurants, but Asian isn't my forte. There are some good ones downtown and in La Jolla, though. I would check out Signon San Diego for more.

San Diego, CA
8 posts
2. Re: San Diego in November

Agree with LD about the weather. Depends what your used to but if your not from the Southwest then, it's probably close to Summer (if we're having a Santa Ana) or Fall in most other states.

If you like Thai food, I would give Spice and Rice in La Jolla a shot. The food is very good, it's reasonable and they serve both lunch and dinner. Also, La Jolla is a great place to shop (if you like upscale a la Rodeo Drive), walk along the beach especially the Cove area near downtown La Jolla to the Children's Pool (now there are seals there - big controversy here in town). There are a lot of Galleries, Clothing Shops, Jewelry shops, etc. If you're up for an elegant, non-Asian meal, I would try George's at the Cove or Azul's. The food at George's is better but Azul's has a better view if you are there for a sunset.

Mainstream Asian - P.F. Chang's China Bistro - a bit pricey, I think for the food and atmosphere but some folks love it. There's one in the University Towne Centre area (also known as UTC) off of La Jolla Village Drive. There's also one in Fashion Valley Mall.

Variety of Asian can be found in Kearny Mesa - not a great place to sight see or anything else as it's in a business/industrial area however, you can find Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, etc.. Most are located on Convoy Street. For Dim Sum, I would recommend both Emerald's and Jasmine (on opposite ends of Convoy). Some folks love the Thai House. Most restaurants in this area are very reasonable.

You may also want to check out the Hillcrest area if you like Sushi. Hillcrest is an interesting and ecclectic little town to check out. It's one of the more liberal locations in town.

Not sure about the downtown area.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
3. Re: San Diego in November

These guys have the weather pretty much zoned in. As far as Asian food: if you like Chinese, try Panda Country on Clairmont Mesa Blvd and Genesee. They have wonderful food there and I have never had anybody that I have taken there say anything but good things. Try their House Special Chicken if you like a little spicy, or their Cashew Chicken or Chicken with Broccoli. (I like chicken what can I say?) All of their food is good though, I'm sure they have your favorite. Have a wonderful time in our city!

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
4. Re: San Diego in November

November in San Diego tends to be temperate...However, it can be unpredictable. Still, a sweater is usually all one needs to be comfortable. Celadon in Hillcrest is a fabulous Thai restaurant! I eat there often, and it is very consistent. Hillcrest is the gay part of town, but is also one of the cleanest parts of the city with lots of great restaurants. If you are going to be in the north part of San Diego County, Katsu in San Marcos is great Japanese food!

San Antonio
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: San Diego in November

I traveled to San Diego in November a year ago and loved it! The cool morning weather is great for exericise and the CA sunshine is unbelievable. I was annoyed with myself for not realizing it would get quite warm in the afternoon and that I might want to swim. I found myself stuck in La Jolla wanting to get into the water to kayak like many others and not dressed for it. Carry around a variety of clothing as you check out different sites.