We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego on Travel Channel!

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
36 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
San Diego on Travel Channel!

We just watched a Travel Channel show featuring SD... it mentioned some history, resturants (Casa De Pico) and Sea World, WAP, etc..

not bad!! Made me more excited for our trip next month!!

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Diego on Travel Channel!

I'm so glad saw the show - hope it helped give you some more travel ideas too - I'll have to see if I can catch that show. Did they mention that Casa De Pico recently moved from their Old Town location to another area? I was wondering because that was one of my very favorite Mexican restaurants until they were recently forced to move because of Old Town lease changes. Most of the locals are still upset about that! I hear the food is still as good (and prices better) in their new location though! Have a great trip next month!

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
36 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Diego on Travel Channel!

No, I don't think they mentioned the move, but I immediately looked it up online and it says they've moved. Those margarietas (sp) look devine!

They also mentioned Casa De Bendino, but didn't say really anything about it.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Diego on Travel Channel!

Yes, the margaritas were divine! Casa de Bandini also had to move - and it is hopefully going to open at Seaport Village (downtown) when that expands. Unfortunately, we don't have two of our most favorite Old Town restaurants, but we don't have the great margaritas either. But, I assure you, there's still lots of great places for you to visit!

San Diego Calif
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Diego on Travel Channel!

ytse411,

I'm afraid old town as we locals knew it has changed and by my opinion not for the better.

That place was so cool live music, great value Margaritas and the food was great and well priced.

All gone, but they have reopened in La Mesa and the old police station will be the new location. at the foot of Broadway towards the bay.

Stay tuned for updates.

DT

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Diego on Travel Channel!

Definitely not for the better, DT - I really miss not having Casa de Bandini to "wow" my guests and for a great place to meet friends. I anxiously await the expansion of Seaport Village!