We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chissis... Need your valuable opinion!

Medina, WA
Level Contributor
400 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Chissis... Need your valuable opinion!

A while back you had been so helpful (I really value your wisdom) with options for me in La Jolla for my spring trip to California. We have recently changed plans and now would like to stay in Coronado. I have finally narrowed it down to two places The Hotel Del (standard room non-view) or the Glorietta Bay Inn (two bedroom suite). There are excellent reviews for the Glorietta Bay and mixed ones on The Hotel Del. Just would love to hear your opinion on these two places. I don't mind spending a little more money if the Hotel Del and it's amenities are really worth it and if it is a wonderful experience. The only negative thing I have read about the Glorietta Bay is it's more of an adult atmosphere which scares me since I have a five year old with me who doesn't exactly have a quiet indoor voice so just don't want to be paranoid he is going to disturb people. Would appreciate your wonderful and honest opinion of these two places. THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Special Offer
Skip the Line: USS Midway Museum
379 reviews
from $18.00*
$23.00
San Diego Zoo
160 reviews
from $54.00*
San Diego Harbor Dinner Cruise
98 reviews
from $89.82*
New Jersey
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Chissis... Need your valuable opinion!

Joann, I'm glad to see that your are a Jersey girl (once a Jersey girl, always a Jersey girl!). I've always lived in the southern part of the state and have only been up to the Island Beach area a couple of times and it was on business. So I never got to enjoy the beach there. We would visit the Wildwood area when I was younger. However, since having a family of my own, we usually go to the beach at the Outer Banks in North Carolina. As far as Coronado is concerned, my wife and I found the beach there to be absolutely beautiful. The weather was a little cool so we only walked the beach. I don't usually enjoy just sticking me feet in the sand. But I liked the sand on my feet in Coronado Beach. The water was cold. We were told that the water temperature is cooler than what we were used to on the east coast.

I hope you find that perfect hotel for your family. I don't think you'll go wrong in Coronado. I found this forum to be an excellent resource. Especially with people like Chissis. I look forward to reading your report when you return.

Medina, WA
Level Contributor
400 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Chissis... Need your valuable opinion!

Elderbilly: OHHHH YESSSSS you are so right about the Jersey girl thing. As soon as speak I have to hear the same comment at least once a day "your not from here are you"? Growing up close to New York City gave me a NY accent which most people in Washington think is neat. I think my Yankee hats and shirts offend them more since I live in "Mariner Country". Thanks again for the info on Glorietta Bay. I cannot wait to visit California and sit on a real beach no matter how cold the water. There is something about the smell and sound of the ocean I just LOVE!

Chissis: I appreciate all your replies. It really has helped me make the right choices.