We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkey Day at Hob Nob Hill

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
488 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Turkey Day at Hob Nob Hill

Read good things about it and picked that for Thanksgiving dinner. My boyfriend will appreciate the down-home, traditional fixin's and that gives me the chance to splurge on an upscale dining choice another night.

First impressions are great so far. The guy that just took my reservation was very friendly and helpful.

Now, where to splurge......

chicago
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkey Day at Hob Nob Hill

Graciecc - I've been reading thru your posts because it appears we'll be in SD around the same time - including thanksgiving day. I've grabbed some great info from your questions and their replies, so thanks!

BTW, how did you decide where to eat on Turkey Day? That is our current challenge (that and lodging, but thanks to TA that is getting close to settled).

(We have an extended family group -but don't want to break the bank nor do we want a place where we will sweat it with the kids.)

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
899 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkey Day at Hob Nob Hill

Hob Nob Hill is a no frills, stuck in the 1970's, kinda place. Breakfast is usually really good. Dinner is ok, but nothing special. Im sure it will be a good choice for Turkey day. I love the Dark green interior. I love retro places that aren't actually trying to be retro ......they just are.

If you have a car, splurge in La Jolla. Might as well eat a wonderful meal over the water.....Can't think of finer places than the Marine Room or Georges at the Cove.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkey Day at Hob Nob Hill

Graciecc - Love the feel of HobNob - it's been there forever and the waitresses still wear uniforms. I took my parents there for T-day dinner several years ago (too lazy to cook) - and my mom said it was the best turkey dinner she'd ever had. Hmmmm..... since I'd cooked several for them, don't know what that means. Regardless, I think you'll really enjoy it - like you said, down-home, and like Naven said - retro. Have fun - see you in November!

Chicago
Level Contributor
488 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkey Day at Hob Nob Hill

chissis - I actually read some of your recommendations for Hob Nob in making the decision, so thanks again!

gingele - I originally wanted our one "nice" (read: expensive) dinner for T'giving, but when I read about Hob Nob, I decided that would be the place for the traditional meal. I looked at the T'giving menus for some of the fancier places (George's at the Cove and The Marine Room were two of them), but they didn't turn my turkey. ;-)

Look into Hob Nob. (http://www.sdro.com/hobnob/) Seems to me it would be good with a group and better for kids than the more upscale locations. Oh, and there is a response to one of my posts regarding the zoo on T'giving -- they serve T'giving dinner at one of their restaurants. That might be good with kids too.

I see your in Chicago, too. What part? I'm not from here, but currently live in the FAR south suburbs. Go Sox!

chicago
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turkey Day at Hob Nob Hill

I'm going to look at the zoo as a possible option, since we will be there on thanksgiving day. The kids will love it, that is for sure. And I'm in the northern burbs. GO SOX!

Get answers to your questions about San Diego