We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From L.A. to San Diego Is it far?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
153 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
From L.A. to San Diego Is it far?

I will be in Las Vegas for Christmas day and after a week I would like to go to San Diego. Do you know how the weather will be on those days? Better than Vegas I suppose. I just checked Sea World ans Zoo web sites and they are open year round. Also I am worried about the distance. Is it far from Vegas to LA by car and then to SD? Do I have to go to L.A. first an then to SD? I appreciate your comments on this. Thank you.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,181 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From L.A. to San Diego Is it far?

No, you don't go L.A. to get to San Diego. Just take I-15 from Vegas to San Diego. It is a long drive, without much scenery. But is still interesting.

San Diego Calif
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From L.A. to San Diego Is it far?

Roger,

Welcome to the San Diego forum

Las Vegas to San Diego is a straight shot . you do not have to go to LA first. If your driving it will take about 5 to six hours.

Weather should be sunny and clear at least that is what we like it to be. I'm not a weather forecaster I leave that to "The Weatherdood"

DT

Southern CA
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: From L.A. to San Diego Is it far?

Las Vegas weather is nice during the winter (hot but not unbearable) and I love to visit there during December. But you will love San Diego during December, It's the rainy season but it rarely rains. The drive from Vegas to San Diego can be slow and difficult if you do it on a Sunday evening, but most other days it's fine.

If time is an issue you could always fly from Vegas to San Diego. The flight time is about an hour.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
153 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From L.A. to San Diego Is it far?

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions.