We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TripAdvisor Forum Get-together?

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
TripAdvisor Forum Get-together?

Some of the other forums that I visit have regular or occasional meetings where the locals and visitors get together to meet each other, talk about what's new, and answer questions about the city. We wouldn't want to make it one of those "have to" schedules, but just a once in a while, what's new with San Diego get-together at a mutually agreeable central location easily accessible to locals and visitors alike. Is anyone interested in doing this, or are we all too busy? Just thought I'd throw it out there.

St. John
Level Contributor
569 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TripAdvisor Forum Get-together?

...that would be a really fun and informative get-together, Chissis. Hope it works out! :-)

Australia
Level Contributor
297 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TripAdvisor Forum Get-together?

I wish we were having longer than 48hrs in SD!!

It would be lovely to meet in person and say thanks for all the help you've given us.

On our next visit we will have to allow more time!!

Chicago
Level Contributor
488 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TripAdvisor Forum Get-together?

I've seen that in other forums, too. Sounds great to me. My boyfriend and I will be there the week of Thanksgiving. Anyone else?

toronto
Level Contributor
356 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TripAdvisor Forum Get-together?

chissis:

i have three words for you. DONT TEMPT ME!! the forum get-together idea is a great one. if only we could go back to san diego sometime soon. it will definitely happen at some point, but unfortunately not in the near future.

it was wonderful to meet you, and i know we'll cross paths again - whether in san diego, toronto, new york...who knows?!?!

and if you do have a get-together, let us all know how it goes.

hollywood
Level Contributor
887 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TripAdvisor Forum Get-together?

party at chissis' house!

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TripAdvisor Forum Get-together?

Gracie - in case more people are interested - what are the dates of your trip?

Dbltrbl - If people like this idea, we'll do it when you return - OR, they get together from time to time in New York and monthly in London - maybe we should meet one of those places some day?!

Chicago
Level Contributor
488 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TripAdvisor Forum Get-together?

We'll be in San Diego from Nov. 19-25.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TripAdvisor Forum Get-together?

Thanks, Gracie - hopefully we can get some more interest for while you're here from locals and visitors....

St. John
Level Contributor
569 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TripAdvisor Forum Get-together?

...possibly February for me :-)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TripAdvisor Forum Get-together?

I went to one in London last month and it was a very enjoyable evening. How does Sun Nov 20 sound? (subject to change).

Location and time also to be determined.