We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few questions:

arizona
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Few questions:

Family of 4 going xmas week. Recommendations on a oceanfront hotel? which day passes to pick, so many options to choose from? Kids are 4 & 12, which attractions would be best. We are thinking Sea World & San Diego Zoo. Any suggestions. Thanks! Carol

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Few questions:

Good oceanfront hotels for kids would be La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club, Sea Lodge in La Jolla, Hotel del Coronado, or Pacific Terrace in Pacific Beach. The water that time of year won't be warm enough to swim unless you have a wet suit. If you want waterfront, and not necessarily oceanfront - Catamaran or Dana are on Mission Bay would also be good choices. Sea World and the Zoo are great choices for both kids, as is the Wild Animal Park. Legoland would be good for the 4 year old, but the 12 year old would be bored.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Few questions:

You might like the Go San Diego Card since you're kids are 4 & 12. The kids passes are less than the adult passes and includes the attractions I think your kids would like...San Diego Zoo and Legoland.

For an oceanfront hotel, I would recommend (depending on your budget) Hotel Del Coronado or the Sea Lodge. La Jolla had by far the best beaches for kids. If you have Triple AAA I would get your Seaworld tickets through them. Great deal. Also, you might want to take your kids to Wild Animal Park and to the Birch Aquarium at Scripps (right near La Jolla Beach and Children's Beach (which is full of sea lions)

San Diego
Level Contributor
108 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Few questions:

Two other great options for families are the Catamaran Hotel on Mission Bay and Paradise Point. Paradise Point has lots of activites for kids and a beautiful Christmas light display. Both are within 5 minutes of SeaWorld, and probably 15 minutes to the zoo.