We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels in or near the gaslamp quarter

manchester, Uk
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
hotels in or near the gaslamp quarter

Hi could you please tell me of some good hotels around this area, wanted to be within walking distance (no more than 10mins) of the gaslamp quarter as it has lots of restaurants etc

dont want to be walking to far in my heels :-) and dont want to pay for taxis!

all comments welcomed - where to stay and where not!

thanks very much

:-)

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels in or near the gaslamp quarter

We've stayed at the Westin Horton Plaza once. It's a nice hotel. It's right next to a mall and close to the Gaslamp District, you can walk to it. The Westin Hotels have the Heavenly Bed, they are so comfortable!

san diego
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels in or near the gaslamp quarter

I really like the Gaslamp Plaza Suites. Its right in the Gaslamp Quarter but it is realy decently priced. A lot of the hotels in that area are real nice but REAL expensive. The ones that are cheap are usually really bad. I like the Gaslamp Plaza because its rooms are clean and reasonably priced.

Montreal
Level Contributor
71 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels in or near the gaslamp quarter

I've just come home today from San Diego. We stayed at the Bristol Hotel. It is less than 10 minutes walking distance to Gaslamp district, Horton Plaza. Trolley station. and harbour cruises. We did not have a car and found the buses and trolley to be very efficient and inexpensive to get to places like the Zoo, Balboa Park, Lajolla Beach. Old Town etc. Seaport village is in walking distance to this hotel.

Our stay at the Bristol was very pleasant due to the location, the cleanliness of the hotel and rooms and the good service from the staff. Money well spent.

manchester, Uk
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels in or near the gaslamp quarter

thanks for all of your info - i will be sure to look at every hotel mentioned :-)

thanks again