We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea World on Thanksgiving???

Dapto NSW
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Sea World on Thanksgiving???

We are travelling from Australia and will be in San Diego over Thanksgiving Day. As almost every other attraction is closed on this day, is Sea World worth going to on that day? Does it get really crowded? Can anyone suggest something else to do with 2 kids aged 12 & 9 that will be open? Thanks heaps

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea World on Thanksgiving???

My guess is it would be less crowded than usual.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea World on Thanksgiving???

The Zoo is also open, as is the Fleet Science Center in Balboa Park. The gardens in Balboa Park will be open as well (other than the Botanical Building)

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,957 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea World on Thanksgiving???

Seaworld would be a good activity that day.

Who knows? It may turn out to be a sunny nice day .

IF it is very cold then I'd go to the zoo or the Wild Animal Park as you can get wet and cold at Sea World.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea World on Thanksgiving???

A harbor cruise is probably an option too.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,957 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea World on Thanksgiving???

Yes, the harbor cruise has a special Thanksgivingday one with a meal too.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea World on Thanksgiving???

IMO San Diego's best "attraction' is it's scenic beauty with so many beaches and great places to walk, bike, play and live outdoors year round. Spend some time doing that. Go to Coronado, La Jolla, Balboa Park, etc and take it in.

Level Contributor
36,202 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sea World on Thanksgiving???

I like the prevous poster's advice, San Diego has beauty everywhere! Coronado and La Jolla have beautiful beaches to stroll, wade in the surf and watch the sunset. There are usually seals at the La Jolla Cove which are fun to watch, also. We loved SeaWorld when we spent the day there, I wish we could go back again. Enjoy this beautiful area of the Southern CA coast. :)

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
126 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sea World on Thanksgiving???

Good'aye Mate!

Sea World is great for kids 12 and 9, and the adults should be sure to sneak off to the beer garden for complimentary, little beer samples, specially if what they say about you Aussies is true :P (You mates really pour beer on your cereal?). We went to SEa World with kids a few months ago and had fun, though be forewarned that the cost to enter Sea World will set you back, as I recall, at least $50/per adult and the food inside the park, while tasty, is not cheap either.

Balboa Park is filled with all sorts of wonders, museums, the IMAX theater for sure, and the SD Zoo.

Seaport Village has a few arcades and shopping suitable for kids and adults, plus nice views of the bay. Stroll along the promenade and consider stopping by and boarding the USS Midway.

Hope that helps.

9. Re: Sea World on Thanksgiving???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, October 11, 2009