We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with Microwave, fridge etc in San Diego

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Hotel with Microwave, fridge etc in San Diego

Hi,

This is my first posting here, so I hope I am doing it right.

My husband and I would like to come to San Diego as part of a trip to USA. We would be mostly interested in seeing the main animal parks (SW, WAP, Zoo etc) and shopping, beach strolling and general sights.

We will be bringing with us our 1 year old boy.

I am trying to find accomodation that is suitable for us as we would like to have parking included (we will hire a car) a fridge and microwave preferrable but can manage without (milk for baby). We hope to find something that has a separate bedroom area so we can out him down for his sleep and still watch TV and talk without disturbing him.

Is there anything like this in San Diego?

Would like a pool, etc too if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Katie (and Family)

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
67,331 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with Microwave, fridge etc in San Diego

Welcome to the forums. Yes, there are places to stay as you have described in San Diego and the rest of the USA. The room you describe would be called a 1 bedroom suite.IF the hotel web site says a "studio suite" then there won't be a door between the living area and the bedroom.

You might try the Residence Inn chain by Marriott or the Homewood Suites chain owned by Hilton. Many 3***motels that you will find along the roadsides will have fridge and microwave ,pool and free parking but might not have the separate sitting room area.You do not say your price range or the dates for your trip so I cannot tell you about availability.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with Microwave, fridge etc in San Diego

I knew I was missing something in my post!

We are planning to stay one week arriving from Las Vegas on the 28th August and Leaving for LA on 4th September. We plan to do a few more nights in LA before heading home.

Budget wise we are trying to keep costs down a bit but I guess we'd like to be under $1800 for the week.

The travel agent suggested Catamaran Resort Hotel, but I see they charge $13USD a day parking. We hope to find something with out parking fees or cheap enough and nice enough to warrant the fees. Does that make any sense?

We'd like to stay close enough to the beach (although we live near enough at home anyway!) so we can do walks and play at the beach with the little lad. He doesn't walk yet but is close!

Thanks

Katie

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
67,331 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with Microwave, fridge etc in San Diego

YOu might enjoy staying at Capri by the Sea. It is on the northern end of Pacific Beach(the Catamaran is on the southern end of the same beach)and is a highrise condo/apt bulding that rents out like a hotel so you'd have a whole apt.with pool,oceanfront ,washing machine etc.

I like the Catamaran's location as it is IN MsisonBayPark with its lovely walking biking paths and quiet areas +it is across the street from the ocean. It is a regular hotel and most hotels here charge for parking. Some go as high as $30per day.

The Cat though ,is in a residential neighborhood where you may find parking out on the street.

YOu may also want to look into a vacation house/condo rental so see:www.vrbo.com as well as other sites if you Google -vacation rental.As long as you are staying a whole week you might find that a good way to go.

4. Re: Hotel with Microwave, fridge etc in San Diego

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, September 28, 2009