We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental at airport

sacramento
1 post
Save Topic
Car rental at airport

We are looking forward to a week in SD in July. We will be renting a car, for pickup at the airport. Does anyone have any suggestions for the most convenient rental car pick up? I really don't want to spend 90 minutes with a shuttle for rental service.

So far, Enterprise has the best rates by far -- but I am concerned that there must be a downside.

Any thoughts, input would be greatly appreciated.

cocokm

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental at airport

All the rentals are offsite and accessed via shuttle. Although Enterprise is a couple miles further than the others, I can't see it taking more than 10 minutes. Actually your return should be easier, as you won't have to get in the "airport traffic" to return the car. If their rates are considerably better, it's about 5 minutes further than some - well worth it.

Tempe, Az
Level Contributor
633 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental at airport

I've used Enterprise often in San Diego and found that their nearby Lytton St. location usually is the quickest for a pick up and return to the Airport. Call them when you get to the airport baggage area and they'll usually arrive within 12-15 mintues or soon after you have you checked bags!

Level Contributor
421 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental at airport

We used Hertz and didn't have any distance difficulties- shuttle was fine, and access to the streets was no problem. Have a great trip!