We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near the ferry landing on Coronado

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bay Area
Level Contributor
575 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants near the ferry landing on Coronado

I ate at Peohe's probably 15 years ago and still have wonderful memories of the ferry ride and the restaurant and meal. This trip, I'll be traveling with children and am looking for a restaurant that is more family friendly, both in atmosphere and budget. Are there any such restaurants within walking distance of the ferry landing? Any with a view?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,473 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near the ferry landing on Coronado

There are several, a couple whose names escape me, but Mexican Village is one remember, Il Fornaio another.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,678 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near the ferry landing on Coronado

Peohes is still there and Ilfornaiao but nearby with NO view is the Coronado Brewing Company. It has an all around menu and of course beer. There's also a greek place,not a fancy restaurant but more cafeish( abit above fast food) with outdoor tables where youcan see the water.

California
Level Contributor
463 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near the ferry landing on Coronado

I haven't been to the latest incarnation of the Mexican Village, but the folks I've talked to have been kind of "meh" on it. I've also heard mediocre reports on Bay Beach cafe. (BTW: Mexican Village is on the north side of Orange, between first and second; Bay Beach is in the Ferry Landing).

Faves in the Ferry Landing are Il Fornaio and Spiro's Gyros. Restaurants come and go in Coronado unless they can generate some year-round locals support. These do. Spiros' is a very casual place with reasonable prices and good food (assuming greek fast food suits your fancy). Il Fornaio, everybody knows.

Near Second and Orange, on the north side of the street, is Coronado Brewing Co. Some friends are very partial to it. I haven't been in awhile, but remember it as decent (kinda like Pyramid in Berkeley).

I enjoy consistently good food at Tartine, at First and Orange. (twice this week, OMG!) I often see kids and pets are welcome there (the dogs stay outside).

http://www.tartinecoronado.com/home.htm

http://www.coronadobrewingcompany.com/

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near the ferry landing on Coronado

I work at the office for the Ferry Landing Marketplace. Things are changing here. You don't say when you're coming so I'm not sure if it'll be finished but we're putting in a pizza/pasta place. It's the first thing when you get off the pier. There's a new Thai fast food with only outdoor seating. Bay Beach Cafe has changed ownership. It is now owned by Candela's. The food is in the process of changing. Peohe's and Il Fornaio are both still here. I see lots of families sitting outside. Spiro's Gyros is all outdoor half covered seating. It will all depend on what style of food you want and how much time and money you want to spend. I also like Tartine as well. Just half a block walk. I had to google Mexican Village. Don't know it.

5. Re: Restaurants near the ferry landing on Coronado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 19, 2009