We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel help!

Chicago
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel help!

My wife and I come to SD 2-3 times per year and we usually stay at the Westin or the Courtyard in the Gaslamp. Well, your fair city is very busy and hotels are limited (June 10-12). Between these few, which hotel do you think is best? We won't be in the room often, but we do want some convenience and of course, safety.

1. Old Town Western Inn & Suites- $160/night- we love Old Town..easy access to downtown, but is it a good hotel?

2. Four Points Sheraton Mission Valley- good 'name' hotel @ $160/night...what's convenience factor?

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated. This is our last trip for a while, as we're 'due' in July, so we want one last go of it before baby boy comes along!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
585 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel help!

I haven't stayed there but I have driven by and I would consider the Western Inn a basic budget motel, nothing fancy, OK location near Old Town.

The Sheraton would be a nicer property, it is a high rise hotel in Mission Valley, and you would have to drive everywhere, as there really isn't much within walking distance of this hotel except offices and car dealerships, but I would prefer it to the Western Inn.

If you want to stay in Old Town the Best Western Hacienda Hotel Old Town is very nice.

Since you have been to San Diego before and kinda know the lay of land so to speak, why don't you give Priceline.com a try. I'm sure you can get a better deal than the above prices on that site. To find out how priceline works see:

biddingfortravel.com

It seems that the Islandia Hyatt, the Westin and the Sheraton Harbor Island come up frequently as a choices on this site.

Congrats on the baby! San Diego is a great town with kids, so I know you will be back......