We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Charthouse?

Which San Diego hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
TN
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
The Charthouse?

I have been told it is a good place to eat. Is it still around? Any opinions on it?

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,819 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Charthouse?

As far as I know, the current restaurant in the historical rowing club building that was previously occupied by the Charthouse is the Coronado Boathouse (www.coronadoboathouse.com). It's such a neat bldg. and setting that you may still want to give it a try even tho' it's no longer a Charthouse. If you get up to the Monterey area, there's still a Charthouse there, right on the water. Good food, too. We try to eat there as much as possible altho' it can be a bit pricey.

Southern CA
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Charthouse?

The Chart House in Cardiff by the Sea chart-house.com/Locations/cardiff/index.htm is the only one remaining in San Diego County, but there was also this link http://www.peohes.com/home.html on the Chart house web site. I do enjoy eating there whenever I have the chance!

S.L.

New York City NY
Level Contributor
359 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Charthouse?

The former Charthouse is on the south side of Coronado on the bayside. Peohe's is on the bay as well in the area by the bridge. Peohe's is very upscale and nice with a great view of San Diego, if you go there try to ask for patio. For a more affordable place with a nice view try Bay Beach Cafe in the same area. For an ocean view try the Hotel Del Coronado, there are many places to eat there some much more pricey than others but you will get out for about what you would pay at Peohe's.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Charthouse?

Okay - my personal opinion only here - it's a bit overpriced, and the food isn't as good as some other similar restaurants - Fish Market or Anthony's. And the parking in Cardiff is pretty much valet only; not a lot of room to park.

Maui
Level Contributor
219 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: The Charthouse?

The Chart House in Cardiff is located in a beautiful spot on the beach ... but I think the other restaurants in that area are better.