We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For Paradisetrekker_my itinerary

Townsville...
Level Contributor
564 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
For Paradisetrekker_my itinerary

Dear Vicki

Wow Thats a lot of stuff to write.

Arrive lax 11 sept1740. Rent car at Hertz at lax. Go to Fairfield Marriott at Anaheim for 11 -17. Go to San Diego 9-17 till 9-21 stay at Days inn CIrcle Drive Stay at Crowne Plaza for 21 - 23 Sept Depart 23 Sept 2130. Drop off car at 1700 at lax.

At anaheim we have a 3 day hopper pass with one day early entry. We have a Knotts Berry Farm pass and plan to shop at the Fashion Valley? or Walmart and Target or so. Thought shopping might be done at night if open.

In San Diego we have Seaworld tickets and either one of the Zoo or Animal park Iam leaning towards the animal park. Also would like to see the Gaslamp district and lovely oceanfronts and Balboa Park. We are thinking about Legoland for the youngest on the way back to LA> Can you do it in half a day?

In LA we will do Universal one day and then two days Hollywood, sights? shopping. before home.

Our hotels are booked and can't be changed. I have booked a Land fare plane ticket where I have to spend a certain amount with them on land arrangements. The hotels were very limited in number to choose from and are now set.

I still have to buy a Socalcitypass and have bought lonely planets LA etc guide. Have been very busy with work and home and hope to read it soon. I also have the Unofficial guide to Disneland reserved at the library and will get it soon.( could not get it in booksellers.)

Somewhere along these days hubby will be windsurfing!!I feel guity spending LOTS of money on clothes and rather buy more unbranded, but funky, girlie fashion stuff . Also I LOVE shoes!! but who doesn't?

Hope you can make sense of this.

!!!!

Regards

Katsie. ( wish we could have stayed longer, but the school holidays are only two weeks)

Australia
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: For Paradisetrekker_my itinerary

Hi ParadiseTrekka,

We are coming to US in November are were considering SOCAL city pass. Could you please elaborate on your reasons for advising Katsie not to buy them??

They seemed like a good deal to me.

Thanks so much

Australia
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: For Paradisetrekker_my itinerary

Sorry Paradisetrekker,

I didn't check the spelling of your name before I posted!!

midwest
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: For Paradisetrekker_my itinerary

Katsie, A couple of my favorite places to visit, while in SD, are OLD TOWN & the tidepools.

Have a great trip!

Townsville...
Level Contributor
564 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: For Paradisetrekker_my itinerary

Thanks everyone! My folder for this trip is now BULGING!! Whooee!! Any others tips? JUst let me know. thanks again. I really appreciate the help and advice.

Fond regards

Katsie

Townsville...
Level Contributor
564 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: For Paradisetrekker_my itinerary

I forgot to ask - we will be in san diego on sunday. Is there a Wesleyan Methodist or just a methodist church nearby our hotel?

LA/OC
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: For Paradisetrekker_my itinerary

For Sunday Sept. 18th... the nearest church of your denomination is located right behind your hotel, about a 1/2 mile away. However there is no direct simple access to it by simply turning around and getting to it over the hill.

(the nearest Wesleyan church is way far east of you near San Diego State University or by the Colina Park Golf Course...)

Mission Hills United Methodist Church. 4044 Lark St., San Diego. (619) 296-1243. (ecsd.org)

From Days Inn... head out westward on Hotel Circle Drive. It will convert into Taylor Street at Presidion Park. MAke a left at Juan St. (at Presidio Hills GOlf Course). Drive down Juan St. which turns into Sunset Blvd. (at the jog in those streets). Drive pass the Fort Stockton Dr. intersection. Lark street should be approaching up on your left side in 3 short blocks.

aloha...

Townsville...
Level Contributor
564 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: For Paradisetrekker_my itinerary

thanks!

Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: For Paradisetrekker_my itinerary

[quote] paradisetreker Posted on: 4:48 am, Jun 01, 2005

<edit> LAXAirportShuttle online price quoting says it'll cost you $ 65 total for the 4 of you one way between LAX & Disney. SuperShuttle online price quoting says it'll cost you $60 total for the 4 of you one way between LAX & Disney<edit> [quote]

Is there a similar shuttle from LAX to San Diego. If now was

it the most economical way to get to San Diego.

Can you get from the Amtrak Station to Greyhound Station

to LAX by public transportation?

thanks

San Diego Calif
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: For Paradisetrekker_my itinerary

paradisetreker

Wow!!! is the word, I have never read so much detail and so accurate. how do you know all this detail?

DT