We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

san diego honeymoon

4 posts
Save Topic
san diego honeymoon

We are coming to San Diego for our honeymoon in late June and are looking for a hotel that is close to all of the attractions but one that is also acomadating for the length of a 5 night stay. I have been researching and would really appreciate some input. I heard the Pacific Beach area is a great place to stay?

Level Contributor
887 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: san diego honeymoon

a lot of people on this board are fond of the hotel del coronado. www.hoteldel.com

i would definitely consider it romantic. not sure what your budget is, though.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,835 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: san diego honeymoon

Pacific Beach is a very busy "party" area. June is a very busy month here so I would use this site to find hotels that sound good and are close to your budget--Then I would go to the web site of the hotel to see if there are any internet deals. La Jolla is a section of San Diego that has cove beaches(small areas surrounded by cliffs) as opposed to long flat beaches but it has a number of small romantic hotels__very expensive The Hotel Del ,as mentioned by the previous writer is lovelyin a town across the bay from San Diego called ,Coronado(access by a bridge or ferry)-on a long flat beach but also it is the height of our vacation season and very expensive. Only you can decide what to budget for a hotel so write back and tell us your price range.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: san diego honeymoon

Just a few suggestions for a honeymoon, not knowing your budget:

My number one choice for a honeymoon on a generous budget would be the hotel del on Coronado. No contest, I can't imagine anything more romantic - but what do I know, I'm no longer married. Everything about Coronado is romantic

particularly the Hotel Del - http://www.hoteldel.com/

There's a wonderful little boutique hotel in La Jolla that looks just wonderful, but I've never stayed there, but it looks like a perfect honeymoon spot:

There's also a wonderful little bed & breakfast in in La Jolla, that I would think would be wonderful:

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: san diego honeymoon

What about this hotel?

Days Inn - Hotel Circle by SeaWorld

We are kind of on a budget but would like to stay somewhere nice!

Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor