We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trolley to Tijuana

Milwaukee,WI.
Level Contributor
414 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trolley to Tijuana

Hello,can someone please tell me the proceess of taking the SaN Diego Trolley to the Tijuana border,like how long it takes and the pick up drop off locations, price:I need to get to the Tijuana airpprt for a 2:00pm flight on a Friday in early Sept.thanks

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,689 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trolley to Tijuana

The trolley that goes to the border is an electric train with stations that you get on and off along the way.IT isNOT a shuttle tha t picks you up an drops you off. If you are coming from the airport you can either take a taxi the approx 3miles to the trolley station downtown at the Snata fe depot or perhaps th eone a littl ecloser at th ecountycenter/LIttle italy on Harbor drive. then you take the BLUE LINE all the way to the border . I am not sure how long,I'd say about 30min or so. See:www.sdcommute.com

San Diego, Ca.
Level Contributor
651 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trolley to Tijuana

Depending on where you board the blue trolley to San Ysidro/Tijuana border, it will take a maximum of approx 45 min to 50 min. If you board in downtown, it will be about 35 min to the border. The trolley runs every 15 min. throughout the day. If you're catching a 2:00 p.m. flight, I suggest an 11:30 trolley. This should get you to the border about 12:15. Cross the border and catch a cab to the airport. Should get you there by about :00 p.m.

San Diego, Ca.
Level Contributor
651 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trolley to Tijuana

this is the web address for the web page that shows the map and time schedules for the San Diego Trolley. Click on the Blue line schedule.

http://www.sdmts.com/Trolley/Trolley.asp

4. Re: Trolley to Tijuana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:29 am, September 04, 2009