We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family from Boston in CA now, need advice

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Family from Boston in CA now, need advice

We are now in Anaheim and having a blast. Tomorrow we are heading to San Diego - this is our first time in California. Here are our questions:

What is the best way to get from Anaheim to San Diego?

I've read about the field of flowers in Calsabad (sp?) Does anyone know if this is the right time of year? If so, can anyone give me specifics - ie, what exit or address or time to go, etc?

My brother-in-law has offered to babysit for our 2 kids, ages 2 and 4, one night so my husband and I could go out to dinner. We both really really like Mexican and Italian - any recommendations of places we can go without the kids? This is a big treat for us! (We are staying in Mission Valley, but have a car).

Has anyone been to Legoland and is it worth it? We are currently at Disney and have tickets to Sea World and Zoo. Not sure that we want to do another park, but have heard Legoland is a must not miss. Is this true?

Thanks for any input!

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
899 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Family from Boston in CA now, need advice

Well, wait till you live through your first major earthquake, fire or landslide. We got 'em all, and they aint fun :)

Greater Boston
Level Contributor
83 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Family from Boston in CA now, need advice

Hey BostonMaMom!!!

I lived in Boston for 15 years before relocating to New Hampshire - I lived on the North Shore. We're going out to Southern CA for the first time this weekend and I have to tell you, I'm ready because these New England winters are getting worse each year and more and more depressing if you're not into winter sports. What are do you live in Boston? Are you seriously going to relocate to California? I wish you success in your plans! Let me know how your search goes. Maybe after we go there this weekend, we'll want to relocate too! As for property, I'm NO expert, but www.craigslist.org is awesome for checking out prices - you can search rent (helpful to compare the markets) and also homes on there and see photos that people post too. Have fun, I spend hours on that site!!!

Cheers,

Holly

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
New Hampshire
United States