We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bikes/scooters in San Diego

Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
21 posts
91 reviews
Bikes/scooters in San Diego

I was here in April 2018 and my son and I traveled around a lot on OFO bikes, but they seem to be gone now. Any opinions on what are the better ubiquitous bike/scooter rentals in San Diego. I'm wondering about Bird or Lime or MoBike or ... what else?

8 replies to this topic
San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Bikes/scooters in San Diego

Yes there are very few dockless bikes now in san diego there have been lots of scooters now..bird scooter are faster than the lime ones i notice...

San Diego
Level Contributor
5,631 posts
349 reviews
2. Re: Bikes/scooters in San Diego

Yes, the dockless bikes have seen to have disappeared at the electric scooters are multiplying like rabbits! I think the Lime ones seem a bit for "sturdier" but I see a lot more birds in my neighborhood.

I think if you download the Apps of the bike companies they will show you were, if at all, their bikes are in San Diego.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Bikes/scooters in San Diego

Yes a lot of the ofo bicycles are gone. I noticed a lot of homeless people have bypassed or broke the locking mechanism so perhaps the company decided to get rid of them as a result.

If you can find limebikes those are pretty cool. Some of them are electric powered but even thoughts are rare to find now.

The scooters are absolutely everywhere. The bird scooters seem to always be dead when I attempt to use them. I think the lime scooters might be your best bet.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
67,729 posts
71 reviews
4. Re: Bikes/scooters in San Diego

Not sure why the bikes are disappearing but I know that the police have been enforcing the helmet law. IF you are under 18 you are supposed to wear a helmet while riding. My neighbor's son/16 got a ticket!

So Cal
Level Contributor
11,802 posts
75 reviews
5. Re: Bikes/scooters in San Diego

When I was at the zoo in May, I noticed a great big line of docks for these. Anyone know if they're still in operation? www.discoverbikesandiego.com/station-map

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Bikes/scooters in San Diego

The discover bikes are still in operations..

Edited: 5:43 pm, September 18, 2018
California
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
335 reviews
7. Re: Bikes/scooters in San Diego

Was just at the zoo this morning. Rack of bikes still there. Some scooters, too.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Bikes/scooters in San Diego

I found some great bicycle rental deals on Groupon-

One in Coronado

https://www.groupon.com/deals/cruiser-king-2

and one @ Pacific Beach

https:/…pacific-beach-bike-shop-1

Reply to: Bikes/scooters in San Diego
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted