We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendations

Sheffield...
5 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Recommendations

Does anyone have anu hotel recommendations. I am looking for a hotel that is child friendly with rooms that have sufficient room to accomodate me, my wife and 3 young boys. The hotel needs to be reasonably priced.

TIA

Mark

Level Contributor
55 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recommendations

I am struggling with choosing a hotel in the San Diego area also. We have a 5 yr old son and another boy under 1 yr. I visited a very helpful site for some information that was put together by a local San Diegan. The site is:

http://www.localwally.com/

His recommendations include descriptions that seem very honest, and based on his own experience. So far I have not made decisions yet. It seems that unless you want to stay right near the freeway everywhere is quite expensive. Your choice depends on which area of San Diego you want to stay in, and whether you want to shop, visit the Zoo, SeaWorld or go to the beach. We are travelling in early October, after we visit SD, we will go to Disneyland. I would also be interested to see what anyone else recommends/suggests.

Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Don't know your price range, but you can get a room with two double beds (or queen?) and a pull out sofa at the Embassy Suites. The rooms are quite family friendly and come with a frig and microwave. There is also a small table and four chairs, two tvs and quite a bit of room to move around. We found it very comfortable for our family of five. A free breakfast is included in the price and has everything from omelets, to french toast, to boxes of cereal and milk for your kids. There is something for everyone. They also have a complimentary cocktail hour each day with free snacks and drinks. When you add up the cost of breakfast and the extra amount charged for a frig or microwave, this might actually work out the same for you.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Another site that has lots of options is www.sandiego.org

I would recommend downtown and the beaches over Mission Valley, just because of the traffic.

From the sandiego.org site, I would look at the Embassy Suites on Pacific Highway, the Hampton Inn on Pacific Highway (both downtown, a couple blocks from the bay) - easy access to the zoo and beaches, and right by Seaport Village

The Catamaran, Bahia, and Dana are well-recommended near the beach/Mission Bay , and

Sommerset Suites is in a nice central location in a residential area a couple miles from the zoo and downtown, and only about 15 minutes from the beach

Sheffield...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Thanks everyone. I'm particularly interested in places that offer suites with a kitchen (fridge & stove top) at a reasonable price. Preferred areas would be Down Town, Mission Bay & Pacific Beach. Any suggestions?