We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is the San Diego airport from the zoo?

new jersey
7 posts
Save Topic
How far is the San Diego airport from the zoo?

I have only one day in San Diego before being picked up at the airport for a trip to Mexico. I'd like to spend my day at the zoo but i'm not sure how far the zoo is from the airport. Is it best to rent a car for the day or can I cab it? Do you know if any of the airport hotels have shuttles to the zoo?

Thanks much.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is the San Diego airport from the zoo?

The zoo is about 5 miles from the airport. You can take the "airporter" bus #992 which picks up at each airport terminal about every 15 minutes (seems like much longer when I've waited for it) , then it will take you downtown (corner of India and Broadway) where you can catch the #7 bus that will go right past the zoo.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,302 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is the San Diego airport from the zoo?

The airport is soo close to downtown that all the downtown hotels are really "airport" hotels. The Holiday Inn San Diego -on theBay has a shuttle from the airport and TO the zoo.(dont' mistake this for the holiday inn SD-BAYSIDE)otherwise you can also get a shuttle to the BestWestern Bayside and then take pub transportation to the zoo easily.

new jersey
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is the San Diego airport from the zoo?

Thank you!

4. Re: How far is the San Diego airport from the zoo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, August 23, 2009