We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in February

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
3 days in February

Looking to spend about 3-4 days in this area. My husband would like to drive one day to the Taylor Guitar place. I am more interested in staying by the hotel, walking the beach, spa days. Looking at Loews Coronado. Is their any other hotel around $200/night that I may be missing out on?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
68,365 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: 3 days in February

Hi,

There are many many hotels in that price points.

The Loews is lovely but a bit isolated with nothing nearby(restaurants ,shops etc.) in walking distance. It is about a 10 min drive from that hotel into the main area of Coronado where there are restaurants etc. It is another 15min. drive over a no toll bridge into San Diego from there.

IF you are mostly planning to hang at the hotel then it will be fine.

It would be a shame though to miss seeing the lovely things that San Diego has to offer and only seeing the hotel!! February is off season at the beach so don't expect hot sunny days!!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
2. Re: 3 days in February

So how about a good hotel in San Diego for two nights then one night at Loews? I hope for close to local breweries or restaurants, good neighborhood, spa hotel. Any ideas?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
68,365 posts
72 reviews
3. Re: 3 days in February

If it were my short 3 day trip I'd not change hotels! It is too much trouble for such a short visit!

You might check out hotels in our small bayfront downtown overlooking San Diego Bay.

The Hilton Bayfront in a high floor bay/city view room is stunning.

I have not tried their spa.

The Catamaran Hotel in our Pacific Beach neighborhood is another idea. It has a Hawaiian flavor and also a spa which I have not tried.

I have actually used the spa at the Loews one year when we went there for my b-day and it was nice but not a place for people who want to sample our local restaurants or see something of the city.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
4. Re: 3 days in February

Awesome recommendations. Thank you.

5. Re: 3 days in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 19, 2018